WORKFLOWER USE CASE
To use the available equipment efficiently and to avoid losing track of equipment, Heilig Hart Hospital in Lier works with a central lending service. Each department still has its own basic stock of commonly used nursing equipment, but if that stock is exhausted, the central lending service can be used.
A Workflower process linked to the Ultimo asset management platform and the hospital’s ADT system ensures that the management of requests for additional resources runs efficiently. The departments quickly find the material they need for their patients, and at the lending service they know exactly where each device is located.
What do the users think?
“The goal of this project, on the one hand, is to save costs by providing a number of devices and materials for the entire hospital from one central location. This way, not every department needs to have its own stock. On the other hand, we are now better able to monitor the condition and maintenance of all the equipment. By digitizing this process and automating it, to a large extent, we can also track which equipment we have in stock, which devices are in use and where they are located, at any given moment.”
Raf Jacobs, Patient transport/Mortuary/Food assistants Coordinator
How does the process work?
- When a new patient is admitted, the nurse completes a Workflower form to request an additional wheelchair (or a pair of crutches …) from the central lending service. The request is directly linked to the patient data originating from the hospital’s ADT system.
- A colleague in the central lending service selects the equipment best suited to the patient and prepares it for pick-up. Several checks are carried out in the background. For example, if the device is scheduled for maintenance or if it must be inspected in the near future, then the employee is notified of this.
- Based on an easy-to-read work list, the logistics worker who brings the equipment to the departments knows which materials are ready to be picked up.
- When a department receives a device or equipment, the bar code on the device is scanned along with the department’s bar code. If there is no bar code scanner available, the device’s unique code can also be entered manually.
- If a patient is transferred to another department during his stay in the hospital, the ADT data is used to automatically register this in the Ultimo asset management system, which centralizes the stock of all the devices.
- If a device is defective, the equipment loan is terminated, and a new request is submitted. Data about the type of equipment and the patient do not need to be re-entered.
- When the patient leaves the hospital, the device is released again. If the device must be cleaned, the department receives a task for this purpose.
- One day later, the logistics employee sees on his work list that the device can be picked up from the department.
- At any given time, the central lending service knows which materials are in stock, what has been borrowed by which department, when a device will be available again, which equipment is defective etc.
- Workflower receives the patient data via the hospital’s ADT system.
- There is a bi-directional interface with the Ultimo asset management system, which manages the equipment inventory. Each item has a unique code. Workflower retrieves the equipment-specific data from Ultimo and then lets Ultimo know where the equipment is located.
For customers who do not yet have a separate asset management tool for managing their equipment inventory, we can set this up in Workflower using master data.
Also considering implementing a Workflower process in your hospital? Do you have any questions?
Then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.