AZ Sint-Lucas in Ghent has started using a new electronic patient record. Because this EPR does not include a solution for reminding patients of their appointments via SMS, the hospital’s IT Department, together with Amaron, has set up a Workflower solution – the Amaron Notification Center. The greatest advantage of this generic solution is that you can use it to send out all kinds of messages and you can configure almost everything yourself.
The AZ Sint-Lucas patients now receive a short text message reminder before their examination or consultation. At the same time, they also receive (for the time being) a second SMS stating the COVID measures currently in force in the hospital.
But it doesn’t stop there, because you can use this generic solution for all kinds of other messages. Consider, for example:
- communicating negative COVID test results, so that patients quickly know where they stand, without having to call the secretary;
- a message containing a travel or other certificate;
- a message reminding an employee of a scheduled vaccination etc.
Different services, different service sources
The Amaron Notification Center is a generic solution that allows you to send all kinds of notifications to a person who has a relationship with your organization. This notification can be in any form and may be sent via any provider: SMS, e-mail, Whatsapp etc. You can link the application to a master data source, such as appointment management or the ADT system, so that you are always working with the most recent data available.
Another benefit is the fact that you can set up the Notification Center quickly and almost entirely on your own. It’s up to you:
- Which messages do you want to send?
- How many messages and through which medium or which provider?
- Do you prefer one standard SMS, or a message specific to a department or examination?
- Suppose the recipient’s server is not reachable. How many times should the system retry to deliver the message?
- How long do you want to save the notification data?
All of this and more can be incorporated in the handy Workflower configuration screen.
Another important advantage of this generic Workflower solution is that it provides you with a complete audit trail.
- At any time, you can check which messages have been sent and when.
- You know why a particular message was not delivered, for example because the mobile phone number is not valid.
- You know how many provider credits have been used etc.
And what about the budget?
The good news is that the Amaron Notification Center does not require a Workflower platform license. You purchase a total package which includes the notification solution itself plus the integration with the data source. Of course, if you need help with this, you can count on support from Amaron.