Low-code: quickly build solutions for your healthcare institution with a minimum of programming work
The healthcare sector has already made huge strides in digital transformation. This trend continues unabated. Further automation should help alleviate some of the existing staff shortages at the bedside and elsewhere. But there is also a chronic shortage of software developers. Against that backdrop, if you want to move quickly, you may benefit from a “low-code” platform, such as Workflower.
With this unique platform for the healthcare sector, you can build applications yourself with little programming knowledge. You increase the flexibility of your organisation and can digitise processes, even if there is not enough capacity within your organisation to develop software.
In this article, you’ll read about the benefits of low-code platforms, and why Workflower is a good match for your healthcare organisation.
Low-code, for visual design of applications
Rather than writing traditional computer code, a low-code platform enables you to design applications using visual components.
It’s a relatively new way of working that offers many advantages:
- It takes you a lot less time to create a new application.
- Less manual work means less chance of errors or bugs.
- More people can contribute to the development (not just programmers), and less training is needed.
- Developers can still add handwritten code for even more flexibility.
- You can easily integrate the applications with your existing software systems.
- You have more control over the processes and gain insight into bottlenecks so you can address them appropriately.
Workflower + Amaron: 1+1=3
At Amaron, we are convinced that low-code systems are indispensable to automate processes in a flexible way so that care workers can do more with less effort.
That is why we have developed Workflower, especially for the healthcare sector. It’s a generic tool to digitise all kinds of healthcare and administrative processes. Workflower works on the basis of a standard language – business process modelling (BPMN 2.0) – and converts the models you document into actionable implementations. For users, Workflower applications are very low-threshold. And importantly, after you have deployed a Workflower process, you can carefully monitor the processes and make adjustments whenever necessary. Everything is transparent.
With Amaron, you can trust that your Workflower applications are fully integrated with your existing IT systems. And you can build workflows on top of the integrations you already have in your healthcare institution. You also have a partner who not only masters the technical side of process automation. We know the workings of the healthcare sector and all the systems running in it, inside out. This allows us to actively think along with our customers, and help you build a working solution that perfectly matches the needs in your healthcare organisation.
Workflower low-code platform:
Do you recognise the following scenarios?
- Are there activities in your organisation that are performed manually – either entirely or partially – that could easily be automated? Tasks such as the data transfer when admitting a patient; data transfer to an external governmental platform, etc.
- Do you still use a lot of Excel files, Word templates and paper forms in your organisation despite your centralised business software? Things that are exchanged via e-mail and registered manually in your business systems or EPR? For example, a nutritional screening form, questionnaires for the pre-operative file, internal project proposals, leave requests, and more.
- Do you have a small, old application that urgently needs to be replaced?
- Do you want to respond quickly to new regulations or meet the strictest quality standards?
- Are you thinking about having data analysed by an AI algorithm in the cloud, but aren’t sure how to organise the process (including anonymisation/pseudonymisation and/or governance) safely and smoothly?
You can turn all these processes – and more – into connected applications with Workflower!